Applications can still be taken and underwritten. FHA insuring will happen at a later date.
Due to the recent Government shutdown, staffing is limited and the following services have been affected:
• No processing of tax transcripts (4506-T).
• Federal tax lien(s) verification and payoff/demand(s) cannot be obtained
• Credit Alert Verification Reporting System (CAIVRS) cannot be cleared or updated
• FHA Insurance Endorsements
• FEMA updates indicating disaster declarations.
• Case assignment corrections, cancellations, reinstatement requests and EAD updates are delayed due to limited staff availability.